|Dennis H. Lentin
3852 Black Forest Circle,
Boynton Beach, Florida 33436
Email: Contact Us
Long Term Care problems Solved
Below is a list of common questions and some not so common questions
about Long Term Care and Long Term Care
Insurance. We hope you
find this information useful. Please contact us for more information
or to arrange an appointment with Dennis Lentin to discuss your
long term care needs.
Ask the expert, Dennis H. Lentin
Click on a question to read the answer...
- After the recent attacks in New York and the things that are coming in the mail I wonder if I would be covered under my Long Term Care policy, if I was a victim of any of these Terrorist activities?
- Are all Long Term Care Plans the same?
- At what age should you buy Long Term Care?
- Can I believe what the Long Term Care Insurance agent tells me?
- Can I save money by having a longer elimination period?
- How available are NTQ plans?
- How can Long Term Care Ins. help me?
- How do I determine which plan is best for me?
- How much facility care will Medicare and a supplement pay for?
- How much Home Care does Medicare really pay for?
- How much will a Long Term Care plan cost?
- I am 75 and I want to buy a Long Term Care Plan, why are they so expensive?
- I am a Federal Employee, what does the Federal Government do for Long Term Care?
- I am a Vet and I know the V.A. will take care of me. Why do I need Long Term Care insurance?
- I am in my fifties and think that I should wait until I am older to purchase Long Term Care insurance. Am I right?
- I am sixty years old and healthy. How much more will it cost me to wait until I am seventy?
- I applied for a Long Term Care policy and was declined, what can I do?
- I belong to a major senior association; they recommend a plan that is underwritten by a major insurance company. The association has millions of members, am I correct in assuming that the plan is good?
- I do not want to sit down with a specialist right away, how do I get information so that I can become familiar with Long Term Care Insurance and see how it works?
- I don't want to go to an institution if I need skilled care. Can I receive the same services in my home if I buy Long Term Care insurance?
- I have a friend who lives in New York, why does she have different benefits than I do?
- I have a Home Health Aide paid for by my LTC policy. I do not like this aide, what can I do?
- I have a mild case of Diabetes using only forty units of Insulin a day. Why wonít Long Term Care Insurance companies insure me?
- I have a policy for several years and I can no longer afford to pay the premium, what can I do?
- I have a policy that gives me four hours per day in help, will that always be the case?
- I have an LTC policy that is several years old, should I have it reviewed?
- I have attended several Long Term Care seminars and still canít figure out what my needs are. How do I determine what kind of coverage I need?
- I have been told that I need to have my Long Term Care policy reviewed. What does that involve?
- I have Diabetes and have high blood pressure, all under control. How does this affect my Long Term Care application?
- I have heard that Long Term Care policies have changed over the past year. What changes have been made and how will they affect me?
- I have high blood pressure and do not always take my medication for several days, what is the big deal?
- I have Parkinson’s, is there a policy available to me?
- I keep going to these Long Term Care Seminars, but they never answer my questions, why?
- I keep hearing about tax qualified and non tax qualified plans, what is the difference?
- I know that I need Long Term Care insurance and that I have to talk to someone about this. I just donít want any sales person in my home. How can I avoid this?
- I know that I need Long Term Care insurance, can my general agent help me find the proper plan?
- I live with my sister; we will take care of each other. Under these circumstances should I consider Long term Care Insurance?
- I never want to be in a Long Term Care Facility, is a Home Health Care policy adequate?
- I only need help in the morning. How will my LTC policy deal with that?
- I only want Home Care; I am not going to a nursing home. Why should I buy a comprehensive policy?
- I purchased a very inexpensive LTC plan several years ago. The cost of my plan seems to go up every year or two, why?
- I refuse to go to a Nursing Home, how would an LTC policy helps me stay home?
- I remember the last President of the United States signed a bill that required the Federal Government to come up with a Long Term Care Insurance plan by October of 2003.What is this all about?
- I saved my money and want to leave it to my children. How do I get the state to take care of me?
- I talked to somebody that is a career agent for a major company; can they do the job for me?
- I think that if I save the money I need for care I would be better off not buying insurance, is that correct?
- I thought that I might not be able to secure a Long Term Care policy due to poor health. My agent found a company that would take me, does that mean that I probably find a cheaper policy if I looked around?
- If I am declined by an insurance company, can I purchase Long Term Care from another company?
- If I put away $ 3,000.00 a year, will I have enough money to cover my Long Term Care needs?
- If something happens to me and I need care at home will I be able to receive are at the home of a friends or my childrenís home?
- Instead of buying Long Term Care insurance, I have been hearing about annuities that can also cover you for Long Term Care. Are they more expensive? What are the benefits and what are the negatives?
- Is a Care Coordinator a gatekeeper?
- Is it expensive, how much will it cost?
- Long Term Care Insurance is not cheap, I can afford it, but I donít want to spend my money. What good will having Long Term Care Insurance do for me?
- Long Term Care Insurance, who needs it?
- Money is a little tight and I donít think that I need benefits for more than 60 or 90 days, is coverage like this available?
- My agent told me that all I need is Home Health Care Insurance, what do you think?
- My agent told me that my Doctor would make all the decisions, is that correct?
- My daughter said she will take care of me, why would I need Long Term Care Insurance?
- My friends tell me that I should wait Ė is this true?
- My kids will take care of me, why should I buy Long Term Care insurance?
- My mother recently purchased a Home Health Care plan. She then had a stroke and will spend the rest of her days in assisted living. Why wonít they pay for her assisted living costs?
- My neighbor is 72 years old and pays $5,000.00 per year for her long term care insurance. I am 75 does that mean that I will pay more?
- My neighbors told me that I do not need Long Term Care Insurance, are they correct?
- My policy went up substantially, what can I do about it?
- My regular insurance agent also sells Long Term Care Insurance; can he or she help select the proper plan for me?
- My regular insurance agent tells me that I need Long Term Care Insurance, is he right?
- My sister received an aide to help her. The aide was paid for by her Long Term Care policy. The aide is not a nice person and does very little. If I have a policy, do I have to use the people that the company sends?
- My wife wants to buy Long Term Care Insurance, but I wonít need it. Why should I but Long Term Care insurance?
- Questions to ask your children before buying Long Term Care Insurance.
- Should I wait until I am older to buy?
- So, what are better, tax-qualified or non-qualified plans?
- The agent I am dealing with only sells for one company. How will this effect my choosing a proper Long Term Care Insurance plan?
- The Ten Reasons People Do Not Buy Long Term Care Insurance
- What difference does it make if I wait? After all I am 74 and nothing has happened yet.
- What do you think about group plans for Long Term Care Insurance?
- What happens if I am on Vacation and can’t pay my LTC policy on time?
- What happens if I purchase Long Term Care and change my mind?
- What if I only want Home Care - I will not go Into a Nursing Home?
- What is the advantage of having a care coordinator?
- What is the best age to buy Long Term Care Insurance?
- What is the biggest benefit of Long Term Care?
- What is the difference between a tax qualified plan and a non-tax qualified plan?
- What is the difference between Home Health Care, Comprehensive Care and Long Term Care?
- What is the major difference between Tax Qualified (TQ) and Non Tax Qualified Plans(NTQ)?
- What is the most popular daily amount of benefits sold in South Florida?
- What kind of assistance do I receive at home if I only need a little help?
- When I purchased my LTC policy, I listed my Doctor that I was seeing at the time. Now I have changed Doctors, do I have to notify the company of the change?
- When you have a plan that provides for inflation protection and you have had several illnesses, how do the insurance companies calculate the reaming balance of your benefits?
- Why can’t I buy Long Term Care Insurance just before I need it?
- Why canít I get a quote over the phone?
- Why do I need a Long Term Care Comprehensive plan, I only want home care?
- Why do I need a need analysis?
- Why do I need Long Term Care Insurance Ė my children say they will take care of me?
- Why do insurance agents want you to sign up right away? After all I need time to think about this.
- Why do some companies have price increases in excess of forty percent?
- Why should I but Long Term Care Insurance? I have plenty of money!
- Why should I buy a Comprehensive plan, when a Home Care plan is cheaper?
- Why should I buy Long Term Care Insurance?
- Why should I buy Long Term Care Insurance? I have plenty of money!
- Why should I do this now, canít I think about it?
- Why should my wife and I spend $ 3,000.00 per year? If we purchase Long Term Care insurance, and never need it we will have wasted our money.
- Why would I not want a zero day elimination period?
- Why would I want to buy a comprehensive plan, when I know that I will never go into a Nursing Home?
- Will all the policies pay for assisted living?
- Will Medicaid take care of me at home?
- Will my Home Care policy pay for an Assisted Living Facility?
For a free buyers guide to Long Term Care Insurance, call 1-800-960-0438
Email Us at
or write to:
Dennis H. Lentin
DL Financial Consultants
3852 Black Forest Circle,
Boynton Beach, Florida 33436